A successful website design ensures that the visitor easily finds the information he came seeking. The design needs to be in such a way that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Besides being able to satisfy the visitor, the web site design should also be equally appealing to search engines so that they rank the web site on top of search results. It is extremely difficult to satisfy both humans as well as search engines as these two have different requirements. The trick lies in being able to integrate the requirements both in a website design that's approved by humans in addition to search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Deciding on the type of website design depends on the type of business and feature the business owners. Each one of these website designs could be built on different platforms. Read on to find out more about each type of website design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
When you just need a few pages on the website and do not want the knowledge to change, a static design is the greatest bet. The information with a static site continues to be same and has no changes happening in course of time. Static websites are set up in HTML and CSS. They are very easy to develop and therefore are easily indexed by search engines like google. However they are weak in terms of completing complex tasks. Another major setback is always that static websites need to be manually updated which is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
A lively website design can deliver dynamic information. Therefore depending on changes happening, your website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. A dynamic web design usually is built on content management platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The one disadvantage is that this kind of website is difficult to build plus is not easily indexed by search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start work on these dynamic websites are made are
· Drupal- Built and used by a lot of very active people around the globe Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system which can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is a very popular content management system used usually by individuals, small businesses and large organizations. It is very an easy task to create a website using Joomla being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can also be free to use. You get to locate a lot of plugins that will ensure you have the website you've always dreamed of. WordPress is very simple to operate and also you can edit information on the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
Should you run an online business and also the website involves sales you may want to consider an e-commerce website. A good platform remains non messy so helping you take care of every one of the technical aspects of the web site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to pick from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- A high level newbie with intentions of developing a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a good consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto is also SEO ready with ensures that you have very little work to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this really is easy to set up and help. The popularity makes this a very common platform the industry downside. However in to make your website using osCommerce unique, you recruit a number of add-ons that can easily have the desired effect.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform with all the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products inside a number of categories.
· Volusion- Community . has a small startup prize, volusion has a good collection of designs. The downside is that it is a hosted service and can go down anytime.
There are several more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one of these wonderful platforms ensures your web site performs as required.